ArtRage Oil Painter Free for Android
Practice Painting With Oils for Free!
ArtRage Oil Painter Free is a completely free, no strings, version of our popular ArtRage for Android app. We created it to allow people to try out ArtRage’s oil paints easily, and for children to use.
It’s also a great sketch paint app, as it forces you to focus on the painting without getting sidetracked by menus and options, and is very useful for quickly testing out color schemes.
It’s also very straightforward and easy to use, so you don’t have to be able to read or figure out any menus! Just open the app, pick a brush, pick a colour, and start painting. You can use ArtRage Oil Painter as a pure fingerpainting app, or you can use it with your pressure sensitive stylus.
We hope you have a lot of fun mixing up colours and creating fantastic abstracts!
Download ArtRage Oil Painter Free from the Play Store! Download ArtRage Oil Painter Free from AmazonSee all our Android apps on the Play Store!
Watch Reviews and Painting VideosWatch the full playlist on YouTube.
Oil Painter Free may be a lot more basic than our full ArtRage for Android app, but you can definitely create real art with it. All the paintings on this page used Oil Painter Free (scroll down to the end for more!)
ArtRage Oil Painter Free Features
ArtRage Oil Painter Free includes:
- ArtRage’s unique 3D paint effects and paint mixing
- Four realistic oil paint presets
- Metallic Paint!
- Unlimited undo and redo
- S Pen support for pressure sensitive painting
You can share your creations as JPG files with other apps on your device (including email, Facebook and Dropbox), and export your PTG (ArtRage painting) files to any other edition of ArtRage. You’ll also be able to keep working on them with the full ArtRage for Android app if you decide to buy it later.
- ArtRage Oil Painter Free uses the default ArtRage canvas texture
- Canvas size is based on the size of your screen, up to 1024 pixels on each side (A Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will create a 576×1024 pixel canvas).
- To create a landscape painting, just rotate your phone!
- Three finger swipe left/right to undo/redo
- Three finger swipe up/down to change tool size
- Two finger zoom from 20-800%
- Two finger tap to reset canvas zoom and position
The Oil Brush Presets
The four oil brush presets are carefully selected to give you a full range of options:
- Driest Brush acts like a glazing brush or very dry brush to let you lay down very light layers of translucent paint.
- Dry Clumps lets you create short strokes which fade out as you run out of paint
- Everlasting Oil is an endless supply of thick paint
- Thick Gloss turns the paint loading right up to create thick, shiny strokes with visible brush texture