Frequently Asked Questions
What do I get if I register my copy of ArtRage?
We highly recommend that you register your ArtRage serial number in the member area, because it allows you to:
- Download the latest version of your software whenever you need it (including when you need to update)
- Download the different installers for Mac OS X and Windows
- Keep a record of your serial number in a secure place in case you lose your details
- Access upgrade discounts to the latest edition
If you are having problems registering, see:
How do I register my copy of ArtRage?
To register a copy of ArtRage to your user account:
- Log in to the Member Area using your account details.
- How do I find out what my serial number is?
Note: Member Area accounts are not created automatically when you purchase the product, if the member area tells you there is no account with your email address, please create one.
- Click the ‘register’ button next to ‘add new product’ and enter your ArtRage serial number / registration key.
- Refresh the page if nothing appears to change.
- You should now see it listed with a download button beneath which you can click to download any of the latest versions.
- If you want to upgrade to our most recent edition, you will see an “Upgrade to ArtRage 4” button. This will take you to our online store with a 50% discount applied.
If you do not know your serial number
Follow the steps here: How do I find out what my serial number is?
I have OSX and Windows, do I need to buy a copy for each platform?
ArtRage can be purchased for both Windows & OS X – providing you with one serial key, but two download files depending on what version you wish to use.
Your ArtRage license is for a single user, but if you wish to install on more than one platform for your own use you can register your key in the Member Area and download the installer for any of the platforms the product is available on.
My registration key / serial number is not accepted when I enter it
If you receive an error indicating that your ArtRage product key is not valid, please check the following…
Note: The serial number can also be known by some as the registration key, license code or product key, it means the same thing.
Before you can use ArtRage for the first time you will need to unlock it using your Serial Number. Your Serial Number is a 25 digit number that you should have received when you purchased the product.
If you purchased ArtRage from us online your Serial Number will be in the email that contains your product download link. If you received ArtRage on CD you will need to check the CD cover or the contents of the box it came in.
When you start ArtRage for the first time you will be presented with the Unlock Panel. If you follow the instructions on this panel, enter your Serial Number then click OK the product should be unlocked. If you enter your Serial Number and it does not work please check the number you are entering carefully to make sure there are no mistakes. If you received the number in an email you can copy it from the email and paste it in to the panel using the button provided. If that still does not work please use the ArtRage Support Page to request support.
ArtRage Studio / Studio Pro
ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro serial numbers are 25 characters long, split in to groups of 5. If your serial number is not accepted when you enter it, please make sure you have copied it correctly. You can paste it in to the Unlock panel using the button provided.
Artrage keys are 20 digits long, so if you are entering a different number of digits, check that it is being read correctly. If you are copying and pasting the registration key, make sure that you are not copying any additional spaces or additional information, just the key itself.
Common Typo Mistakes
You might have mistyped your product key. Try retyping it carefully, making sure each character is correct.
|What you see:||It could be:|
|Letter “O”||Number Zero “0”|
|Letter “I”||Number One “1”|
|Letter “S”||Number Five “5”|
|Letter “B”||Number Eight “8”|
|Letter “W”||Two Letters “V” “V”|