Frequently Asked Questions
To log in to the Member Area, you will need to have created an account. If you haven’t previously done this, see Creating a Member Area Account.
If you have already created an account and are having problems logging in, make sure that you are using the same email address you originally used to create the account. If you are using the same email address, it is likely that the password being entered is incorrect. You can reset your password by using the ArtRage Member Area – Forgot Password.
If you are having trouble and the steps above don’t help, please contact us directly and we’ll be happy to assist.
If you do not already have a Member Area account you can create one on the Member Area Login page. To create an account, follow these steps:
- Click on the Create Account button to the right hand side of the Login box.
- A popup will appear asking for an email address and password. Please ensure that you enter your details carefully, the email address is required for confirming your account.
- Click the ‘Create Account’ button.
The Member Area will now send an email to the address you listed with a link that you need to click to confirm your membership. If you do not see that email arrive within a few minutes, please check any spam folder you have, but if you cannot find it there contact us and we can help you finish setting up.
Once you have confirmed your account using the link in the email you can return to the Member Area Login page and log in to access your account.
When you Unlock ArtRage you are given the option to Register it. This is done using the ArtRage Member Area. Follow these steps:
- Create a Member Area account if you do not already have one. These accounts are not automatically created when you purchase the product. For more information click here
- On the Profile page click the ‘Register’ button which is to the of the ‘Add New Product’ text.
- Enter your ArtRage Serial Number in the popup that appears. If you do not know your Serial Number, click here for information on how to find it.
- Click ‘Save’ under the Serial Number you entered.
If the page does not update to display your product, click outside the popup to dismiss it then click on the Profile link at the very top of the page, this should update to display the registered product.
Note that you only need to register the product once. Once it has been registered you do not need to repeat the process if you ever need to reinstall and unlock ArtRage again.
Problems Registering in the Member Area
If you are having a problem registering when you attempt to enter your serial number, it is likely to be one of the following issues:
Nothing happens when I enter my serial number
Sometimes the page does not update immediately. If you enter your serial number, the box disappears, and you do not get an error message of any kind, then you have probably registered successfully.
To get the serial number to appear and access your downloads, try:
- Refreshing the page
- Logging out and back in again
Serial number already registered
Serial numbers can only be registered under one account. If you get an error message saying that the serial number has already been registered, then you may already have an account under a different email address.
If you cannot find your other account, or do not think you have one, then please contact us and we will look up the details for you.
The serial you entered is not valid
The usual reason is that you are entering a non-ArtRage serial number (e.g. a Wacom Software Download Code), or have a made a mistake in one or more of the digits.
If you never receive a confirmation email on sign up
You will not be able to log back into your member area account until you have confirmed that you own the email address that you used to register with. You can do this by clicking the link in the confirmation email that we send you.
Sometimes the confirmation email is blocked by a spam filter and automatically deleted. Hotmail accounts are the most likely to have a problem.
The other usual reason is that there is a mistake in the email address that you entered and the email is being sent to the wrong address.
If you never receive the link to confirm your registration, contact us and we can approve your account for you.
My Password is incorrect for the Artrage Member Area
Please double check that you have typed your password correctly.
Passwords are case sensitive, ensure your ‘Caps Lock’ key on the keyboard isn’t on.
Ensure that your login email address is also correct and the one you originally signed up on. If you have changed to using a new email account, you will still need to login via the old one first, then update your email details inside.
From the Member’s Area, you can reset your password via the Lost Password. Here you will need to provide your email address, which you originally signed up with. Instructions on how to reset your password will be emailed to your registered email address within a few minutes. Check the Junk Folder of your email inbox, if you haven’t received it. You will need to follow the email’s reset link and change the password after verification.
If you have problems with the reset link, then the most likely reasons that the link does not work are:
- It is not the most recent link (if you have tried more than once, make sure you have the most recent email)
- The email or browser is cutting off the last part of the link. Try copying and pasting the entire thing into your address bar (make sure it ends in your email address).
If you still get the error message and can not complete the above steps, please contact us via the ArtRage Members Support, let us know the email address of the account you were using to log in.
What do I get if I register my copy of ArtRage?
We highly recommend that you register your ArtRage serial number in the member area, because it allows you to:
- Download the latest version of your software whenever you need it (including when you need to update)
- Download the different installers for Mac OS X and Windows
- Keep a record of your serial number in a secure place in case you lose your details
- Access upgrade discounts to the latest edition
If you are having problems registering, see:
How do I login to the Member Area?
To login to the Member Area, you will need to have registered. To register with the Member Area:
- Go to the ArtRage Member Area or by clicking ‘Member Area’ from the ‘Community’ dropdown navigation bar on the ArtRage website.
- Click the ‘Create Account’ button and follow the instructions.
- When you have finished, the website will send you an email. Click the link in the email to confirm your registration.
You only need to do this once. Once you have registered, you can log in to the Member Area by entering your email address and the password you chose when you registered on the main page of the Member Area, and clicking the ‘Login’ button.
Please Note: Purchasing ArtRage does not automatically create a Member Area account for you. You will need to register manually if you wish to use the Member Area.
How do I register my copy of ArtRage?
To register a copy of ArtRage to your user account:
- Log in to the Member Area using your account details.
- How do I find out what my serial number is?
Note: Member Area accounts are not created automatically when you purchase the product, if the member area tells you there is no account with your email address, please create one.
- Click the ‘register’ button next to ‘add new product’ and enter your ArtRage serial number / registration key.
- Refresh the page if nothing appears to change.
- You should now see it listed with a download button beneath which you can click to download any of the latest versions.
- If you want to upgrade to our most recent edition, you will see an “Upgrade to ArtRage 4” button. This will take you to our online store with a 50% discount applied.
If you do not know your serial number
Follow the steps here: How do I find out what my serial number is?