Frequently Asked Questions
If the registration email was in Chinese or another foreign language
When you register your tablet with Wacom, you should be sent an email containing the ArtRage serial number and download instructions. If you were sent an email that wasn’t in English, then you have probably bought a tablet intended for an overseas market, and this meant that Wacom automatically sent you a non-English email. You will need to contact Wacom support directly to get them to help with this.
However, you may be able find the ArtRage serial number in the email by scanning for a series of capitalised letters and numbers.
ArtRage 2 will be 20 digits in this format: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ArtRage 3 and ArtRage Lite will be 25 digits in this format: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Once you have it, you should be able to enter it into ArtRage with no further problems, and start using the program. If you still need to download ArtRage and can’t find a download link in the email, you can download the program from http://members.artrage.com
If you can’t find it, you should be able to view it in the downloads section of your Wacom account. If not, contact Wacom support.
Note: You may find that you have a Chinese edition of ArtRage as well, in which case, we can help with that. If you register it in our member area, and let us know, we can change your licence so that you can download an English version at http://members.artrage.com
Serial Number or Registration Key says it’s been disabled
If you are receiving a notification when you try to Register your product that your Registration Number or Serial Key has been disabled, here is some reason why and what you can do about it.
Why a Key/Serial could be Disabled:
In general, there are three reasons a key might have been disabled.
- If a key is registered by multiple users it can be disabled.
- If a key is part of a sale that has been refunded it can be disabled.
- If a key has been found distributed on public sites it can be disabled.
Our system automatically disables keys in some of the above situations, and we manually disable keys that we have found being distributed in breach of the software license agreement.
If your Key/Serial has been Disabled:
If your key or serial has been disabled and you do not think it relates to one of the reasons above please contact us via the ArtRage Members Support for help. Please let us know the key/serial in question and the original email address that was used to purchase it if you purchased it from us.
What do I get if I register my copy of ArtRage?
We highly recommend that you register your ArtRage serial number in the member area, because it allows you to:
- Download the latest version of your software whenever you need it (including when you need to update)
- Download the different installers for Mac OS X and Windows
- Keep a record of your serial number in a secure place in case you lose your details
- Access upgrade discounts to the latest edition
If you are having problems registering, see:
How do I login to the Member Area?
To login to the Member Area, you will need to have registered. To register with the Member Area:
- Go to the ArtRage Member Area or by clicking ‘Member Area’ from the ‘Community’ dropdown navigation bar on the ArtRage website.
- Click the ‘Create Account’ button and follow the instructions.
- When you have finished, the website will send you an email. Click the link in the email to confirm your registration.
You only need to do this once. Once you have registered, you can log in to the Member Area by entering your email address and the password you chose when you registered on the main page of the Member Area, and clicking the ‘Login’ button.
Please Note: Purchasing ArtRage does not automatically create a Member Area account for you. You will need to register manually if you wish to use the Member Area.
How do I register my copy of ArtRage?
To register a copy of ArtRage to your user account:
- Log in to the Member Area using your account details.
- How do I find out what my serial number is?
Note: Member Area accounts are not created automatically when you purchase the product, if the member area tells you there is no account with your email address, please create one.
- Click the ‘register’ button next to ‘add new product’ and enter your ArtRage serial number / registration key.
- Refresh the page if nothing appears to change.
- You should now see it listed with a download button beneath which you can click to download any of the latest versions.
- If you want to upgrade to our most recent edition, you will see an “Upgrade to ArtRage 4” button. This will take you to our online store with a 50% discount applied.
If you do not know your serial number
Follow the steps here: How do I find out what my serial number is?
I want to install ArtRage on an additional computer, is this ok?
If you want to install ArtRage on one additional computer for your own use, that is ok with us.
The purchased ArtRage serial key is for a single user, but we allow you to install ArtRage on multiple devices for your own use. This can be either Windows and/or Mac OS-X, providing you with a download installation file for each platform.
If you wish to use more computers than this, then please contact us about Bulk Licensing.
I have OSX and Windows, do I need to buy a copy for each platform?
ArtRage can be purchased for both Windows & OS X – providing you with one serial key, but two download files depending on what version you wish to use.
Your ArtRage license is for a single user, but if you wish to install on more than one platform for your own use you can register your key in the Member Area and download the installer for any of the platforms the product is available on.
Lost registration or unknown serial number?
If you do not know what your serial number (also known as a licence code or registration key) is, there are various ways to find it again.
If you have previously chosen to register your copy of ArtRage software under the Members Area, then your Profile will contain your serial number. Log in to the Member Area to view serial numbers for all your registered products.
If you have not registered, then we recommend doing so once you find your serial number using the various options listed below:
If ArtRage is installed and working:
ArtRage 4, Lite, 5: Go to Help >ArtRage Serial Number
ArtRage Studio/Studio Pro: Go to Help > Change Serial Number
ArtRage on Steam: You can find your serial number by right clicking ArtRage 4 in your Steam library and choosing ‘view CD key’.
ArtRage 2.6: The serial number is located in the registry files. Contact us for OS specific instructions via our support page
If ArtRage is not installed or came with a third party tablet or device
The location of the serial number varies, depending on how you purchased ArtRage. Choose the option that applies to you below.
If you have purchased ArtRage directly from us online:
- Check for your original purchase email.
- If you have just bought ArtRage and cannot find a serial number in your emails, read Missing Serial After Online Purchase
Feel free to send a support request via our support page if you purchased ArtRage from our website and can’t locate your key and we’ll be happy to check our purchase records for you, then help you to register it on our website.
If you have a Steam version of ArtRage
- You can find your serial number by right clicking ArtRage 4 in your Steam library and choosing ‘view CD key’.
- You do not need a serial number as your purchase is linked to your Steam account. You do have one, which you can register in the Member Area for safekeeping, but you cannot download it from the Member Area (updates are installed via Steam). ArtRage 4 users can also access upgrade discounts to ArtRage 5 via the Member Area.
If you purchased ArtRage with a Wacom tablet:
Wacom bundles ArtRage in two different ways: CD-ROM or software download.
- If you received ArtRage on CD with a Wacom tablet, they don’t share individual user details with us, but they print the serial number on the back of the CD sleeve.
- If ArtRage was included as a software download, then there should be a Software Bundle Download code/key printed somewhere on the packaging. If you bought an Intuos Draw, see this page for help locating your SBD key.
The code and distribution method varies by time, model and geographical location, and is controlled by Wacom, so we can’t guarantee this guide will always be accurate.
You would register this code at www.wacom.com, which will then unlock your software downloads and serial numbers.
You can then add ArtRage to your Wacom ‘Library’ and download it and view the serial number. You should also be able to log back in at Wacom and view your serial number again. See this Wacom guide if you get stuck.
Once you have your serial number, you can register it in the Member Area and download the latest version of ArtRage directly from us if you wish.
If you are having problems registering with Wacom, then you should contact Wacom support for assistance as we cannot help directly with their registration process.
If it came pre-installed on a laptop or tablet computer
This applies if ArtRage came with the following devices (or something very similar):
- ASUS EEE Slate EP121
- Surface Pro 2
- Any Sony PC
To find your serial:
- Go to Help > Change Serial Number if it is installed and working
If you have uninstalled ArtRage or upgraded Windows and lost the program:
- Contact the manufacturer for support
If it came on a CD with an Adesso CyberTablet
- The serial number can be found either around the central bottom area of the CD sleeve or the installation CD.
If any of the above methods fails
- Contact us via our support page (we do not have direct access to serial numbers sold through third parties, but sometimes we can help).
If you purchased ArtRage Deluxe
- Ambient Design does not have any information on Registration Keys for ArtRage Deluxe. You will need to contact your vendor for further information or contact the publisher via SmithMicro Support.
If you have an iOS version from the iTunes App Store, an Android app from the Play Store or Samsung GALAXY Apps, or ArtRage Touch from the Windows Store
- You do not have a serial number. Registration and updates are handled using the app store account that you purchased with.
My registration key / serial number is not accepted when I enter it
If you receive an error indicating that your ArtRage product key is not valid, please check the following…
Note: The serial number can also be known by some as the registration key, license code or product key, it means the same thing.
Before you can use ArtRage for the first time you will need to unlock it using your Serial Number. Your Serial Number is a 25 digit number that you should have received when you purchased the product.
If you purchased ArtRage from us online your Serial Number will be in the email that contains your product download link. If you received ArtRage on CD you will need to check the CD cover or the contents of the box it came in.
When you start ArtRage for the first time you will be presented with the Unlock Panel. If you follow the instructions on this panel, enter your Serial Number then click OK the product should be unlocked. If you enter your Serial Number and it does not work please check the number you are entering carefully to make sure there are no mistakes. If you received the number in an email you can copy it from the email and paste it in to the panel using the button provided. If that still does not work please use the ArtRage Support Page to request support.
ArtRage Studio / Studio Pro
ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro serial numbers are 25 characters long, split in to groups of 5. If your serial number is not accepted when you enter it, please make sure you have copied it correctly. You can paste it in to the Unlock panel using the button provided.
Artrage keys are 20 digits long, so if you are entering a different number of digits, check that it is being read correctly. If you are copying and pasting the registration key, make sure that you are not copying any additional spaces or additional information, just the key itself.
Common Typo Mistakes
You might have mistyped your product key. Try retyping it carefully, making sure each character is correct.
|What you see:||It could be:|
|Letter “O”||Number Zero “0”|
|Letter “I”||Number One “1”|
|Letter “S”||Number Five “5”|
|Letter “B”||Number Eight “8”|
|Letter “W”||Two Letters “V” “V”|