Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to install ArtRage on one additional computer for your own use, that is ok with us.
The purchased ArtRage serial number is for a single user, but we allow you to install ArtRage on multiple devices for your own use. This can be either Windows and/or Mac OS-X, providing you with a download installation file for each platform.
If you wish to use more computers than this, then please contact us about Bulk Licensing.
When you Unlock ArtRage you are given the option to Register it. This is done using the ArtRage Member Area. Follow these steps:
- Create a Member Area account if you do not already have one. These accounts are not automatically created when you purchase the product. For more information click here
- On the Profile page click the ‘Register’ button which is to the of the ‘Add New Product’ text.
- Enter your ArtRage Serial Number in the popup that appears. If you do not know your Serial Number, click here for information on how to find it.
- Click ‘Save’ under the Serial Number you entered.
If the page does not update to display your product, click outside the popup to dismiss it then click on the Profile link at the very top of the page, this should update to display the registered product.
Note that you only need to register the product once. Once it has been registered you do not need to repeat the process if you ever need to reinstall and unlock ArtRage again.
On Windows or macOS, the first time you launch ArtRage you will be asked to Unlock the product using your Serial Number. You will also be asked to enter it when you Register your product in our Member Area. If you experience problems with either of these systems, please double check that you have entered the right Serial Number:
Serial Number Error when Unlocking or Registering:
– ArtRage 3 or later uses a 25 digit Serial Number. ArtRage 2 uses a 20 digit Registration Key.
– If you have your Serial Number in digital format such as in an email you can Copy it from there and Paste it in to the Unlock panel in ArtRage.
– If you received ArtRage with a Wacom graphics tablet or other hardware, please make sure you are using the ArtRage Serial Number the manufacturer provided, Wacom ‘Software Download Bundle’ codes and tablet serial numbers will not unlock ArtRage.
Serial Number Already Claimed when Registering:
Each ArtRage Serial Number can only be Registered once in our Member Area. If you receive an error telling you that your Serial has already been registered, it may be because you previously registered it with a different email address, or that a duplicate Serial Number has been given out. Please contact us and let us know the Serial Number you are trying to register and we can look in to it for you.
If you continue to have problems, please contact us and let us know the Serial Number you are entering along with where you received it from and we should be able to help!
Where you can find your ArtRage Serial Number depends on which version you are using:
ArtRage for iOS or Android:
The iOS and Android versions of ArtRage do not require a Serial Number so you should not need one.
ArtRage for Windows / macOS:
If you have ArtRage running on your computer you can locate your Serial Number using its option in the Help Menu. If you do not have ArtRage running, where you find your Serial depends on where you purchased it:
Purchased from us:
If you purchased ArtRage from our website you would have received your 25 digit Serial Number with your purchase confirmation email. If you cannot locate it, please contact us and let us know the email address or street address you used when you made the purchase so we can confirm your details and find your Serial.
Note that if you own ArtRage 2, the Serial Number is called a ‘Registration Key’ in your email and is a 20 digit code.
Received with a Wacom or other graphics tablet or hardware:
If you received your software as part of a bundle with a Wacom or other model graphics tablet or hardware your Serial Number should have been provided by the company who manufactured the tablet. Because we do not have access to their customer systems, you will need to contact Customer Support for the company who manufactured the hardware and they should be able to help.
Purchased on Steam:
If you purchased ArtRage on Steam you can locate your Serial Number using the ‘CD Key’ option for the software in your library. To do this: Launch the Steam Client, right-click the ArtRage app under your Steam Library and then select “View CD-Key”. If desired, you can copy this serial key and register it in our member area to gain download links for the non-steam version and upgrade discounts.
ArtRage 2 from Smith Micro:
If you purchased a boxed copy of ArtRage from Smith Micro your Serial Number should be in the box. Unfortunately we do not have access to serial number records for Smith Micro customers so if you are unable to locate it you will need to contact their Customer Support line.
What do I get if I register my copy of ArtRage?
We highly recommend that you register your ArtRage serial number in the member area, because it allows you to:
- Download the latest version of your software whenever you need it (including when you need to update)
- Download the different installers for Mac OS X and Windows
- Keep a record of your serial number in a secure place in case you lose your details
- Access upgrade discounts to the latest edition
If you are having problems registering, see:
How do I login to the Member Area?
To login to the Member Area, you will need to have registered. To register with the Member Area:
- Go to the ArtRage Member Area or by clicking ‘Member Area’ from the ‘Community’ dropdown navigation bar on the ArtRage website.
- Click the ‘Create Account’ button and follow the instructions.
- When you have finished, the website will send you an email. Click the link in the email to confirm your registration.
You only need to do this once. Once you have registered, you can log in to the Member Area by entering your email address and the password you chose when you registered on the main page of the Member Area, and clicking the ‘Login’ button.
Please Note: Purchasing ArtRage does not automatically create a Member Area account for you. You will need to register manually if you wish to use the Member Area.
How do I register my copy of ArtRage?
To register a copy of ArtRage to your user account:
- Log in to the Member Area using your account details.
- How do I find out what my serial number is?
Note: Member Area accounts are not created automatically when you purchase the product, if the member area tells you there is no account with your email address, please create one.
- Click the ‘register’ button next to ‘add new product’ and enter your ArtRage serial number / registration key.
- Refresh the page if nothing appears to change.
- You should now see it listed with a download button beneath which you can click to download any of the latest versions.
- If you want to upgrade to our most recent edition, you will see an “Upgrade to ArtRage 4” button. This will take you to our online store with a 50% discount applied.
If you do not know your serial number
Follow the steps here: How do I find out what my serial number is?
I have OSX and Windows, do I need to buy a copy for each platform?
ArtRage can be purchased for both Windows & OS X – providing you with one serial key, but two download files depending on what version you wish to use.
Your ArtRage license is for a single user, but if you wish to install on more than one platform for your own use you can register your key in the Member Area and download the installer for any of the platforms the product is available on.
Lost registration or unknown serial number?
If you do not know what your serial number (also known as a licence code or registration key) is, there are various ways to find it again.
If you have previously chosen to register your copy of ArtRage software under the Members Area, then your Profile will contain your serial number. Log in to the Member Area to view serial numbers for all your registered products.
If you have not registered, then we recommend doing so once you find your serial number using the various options listed below:
If ArtRage is installed and working:
ArtRage 4, Lite, 5: Go to Help >ArtRage Serial Number
ArtRage Studio/Studio Pro: Go to Help > Change Serial Number
ArtRage on Steam: You can find your serial number by right clicking ArtRage 4 in your Steam library and choosing ‘view CD key’.
ArtRage 2.6: The serial number is located in the registry files. Contact us for OS specific instructions via our support page
If ArtRage is not installed or came with a third party tablet or device
The location of the serial number varies, depending on how you purchased ArtRage. Choose the option that applies to you below.
If you have purchased ArtRage directly from us online:
- Check for your original purchase email.
- If you have just bought ArtRage and cannot find a serial number in your emails, read Missing Serial After Online Purchase
Feel free to send a support request via our support page if you purchased ArtRage from our website and can’t locate your key and we’ll be happy to check our purchase records for you, then help you to register it on our website.
If you have a Steam version of ArtRage
- You can find your serial number by right clicking ArtRage 4 in your Steam library and choosing ‘view CD key’.
- You do not need a serial number as your purchase is linked to your Steam account. You do have one, which you can register in the Member Area for safekeeping, but you cannot download it from the Member Area (updates are installed via Steam). ArtRage 4 users can also access upgrade discounts to ArtRage 5 via the Member Area.
If you purchased ArtRage with a Wacom tablet:
Wacom bundles ArtRage in two different ways: CD-ROM or software download.
- If you received ArtRage on CD with a Wacom tablet, they don’t share individual user details with us, but they print the serial number on the back of the CD sleeve.
- If ArtRage was included as a software download, then there should be a Software Bundle Download code/key printed somewhere on the packaging. If you bought an Intuos Draw, see this page for help locating your SBD key.
The code and distribution method varies by time, model and geographical location, and is controlled by Wacom, so we can’t guarantee this guide will always be accurate.
You would register this code at www.wacom.com, which will then unlock your software downloads and serial numbers.
You can then add ArtRage to your Wacom ‘Library’ and download it and view the serial number. You should also be able to log back in at Wacom and view your serial number again. See this Wacom guide if you get stuck.
Once you have your serial number, you can register it in the Member Area and download the latest version of ArtRage directly from us if you wish.
If you are having problems registering with Wacom, then you should contact Wacom support for assistance as we cannot help directly with their registration process.
If it came pre-installed on a laptop or tablet computer
This applies if ArtRage came with the following devices (or something very similar):
- ASUS EEE Slate EP121
- Surface Pro 2
- Any Sony PC
To find your serial:
- Go to Help > Change Serial Number if it is installed and working
If you have uninstalled ArtRage or upgraded Windows and lost the program:
- Contact the manufacturer for support
If it came on a CD with an Adesso CyberTablet
- The serial number can be found either around the central bottom area of the CD sleeve or the installation CD.
If any of the above methods fails
- Contact us via our support page (we do not have direct access to serial numbers sold through third parties, but sometimes we can help).
If you purchased ArtRage Deluxe
- Ambient Design does not have any information on Registration Keys for ArtRage Deluxe. You will need to contact your vendor for further information or contact the publisher via SmithMicro Support.
If you have an iOS version from the iTunes App Store, an Android app from the Play Store or Samsung GALAXY Apps, or ArtRage Touch from the Windows Store
- You do not have a serial number. Registration and updates are handled using the app store account that you purchased with.
My registration key / serial number is not accepted when I enter it
If you receive an error indicating that your ArtRage product key is not valid, please check the following…
Note: The serial number can also be known by some as the registration key, license code or product key, it means the same thing.
Before you can use ArtRage for the first time you will need to unlock it using your Serial Number. Your Serial Number is a 25 digit number that you should have received when you purchased the product.
If you purchased ArtRage from us online your Serial Number will be in the email that contains your product download link. If you received ArtRage on CD you will need to check the CD cover or the contents of the box it came in.
When you start ArtRage for the first time you will be presented with the Unlock Panel. If you follow the instructions on this panel, enter your Serial Number then click OK the product should be unlocked. If you enter your Serial Number and it does not work please check the number you are entering carefully to make sure there are no mistakes. If you received the number in an email you can copy it from the email and paste it in to the panel using the button provided. If that still does not work please use the ArtRage Support Page to request support.
ArtRage Studio / Studio Pro
ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro serial numbers are 25 characters long, split in to groups of 5. If your serial number is not accepted when you enter it, please make sure you have copied it correctly. You can paste it in to the Unlock panel using the button provided.
Artrage keys are 20 digits long, so if you are entering a different number of digits, check that it is being read correctly. If you are copying and pasting the registration key, make sure that you are not copying any additional spaces or additional information, just the key itself.
Common Typo Mistakes
You might have mistyped your product key. Try retyping it carefully, making sure each character is correct.
|What you see:||It could be:|
|Letter “O”||Number Zero “0”|
|Letter “I”||Number One “1”|
|Letter “S”||Number Five “5”|
|Letter “B”||Number Eight “8”|
|Letter “W”||Two Letters “V” “V”|