Frequently Asked Questions
To locate your ArtRage version, open the Help menu and click on ‘About ArtRage’. You will see the version number at the bottom right of this window. If you are using the 64 bit version, it will also say so here.
ArtRage painting files can be opened with any current version of the product. If you open a painting file that contains features your version does not support, those layers will not be available.
ArtRage for Windows or macOS:
Updates to your version (for example, updating ArtRage 4.0 to 4.5) are provided free of charge from our Member Area. Upgrades to new versions (for example upgrading ArtRage 4 to ArtRage 5) are given an upgrade discount to make the cost of the new version cheaper, this is also provided from our Member Area.
To download the latest version of your software our claim an upgrade discount please follow these steps:
- Make sure you have created a Member Area Account. Click here for more information on how to do this.
- Make sure you have Registered your ArtRage Serial Number. Click here for more information on how to do this.
Once you have followed those steps, check that your current product is listed on your Profile page then you can move on to the next step.
To Download Updates:
To update to the latest version of your product click the Download button next to its entry on your Profile Page. That will provide you with options such as downloading for Windows or macOS. Select the appropriate version and download the software to your computer.
The file you download is an installer file. Locate it on your computer and double click it then follow instructions to install it. Once you have done that, your old version of ArtRage will have been updated to the latest. Note that any custom content you made such as tool presets and stencils, and your saved paintings will not be harmed by this update process.
To Purchase an Upgrade:
To purchase an upgrade to a new version of ArtRage click the Upgrade button next to your current version on your Profile Page. This will assign you an upgrade coupon and a popup will appear with an Upgrade button that you can click to confirm that you wish to proceed. Click this and you will be taken to the online store with your discount coupon applied to the new product price.
When you complete your purchase the store will email you a new Serial Number and download links for the new product. Download the product to your computer and double click the installation file to install it.
If you see a note next to your product on the Profile Page indicating that your Coupon has ‘already been claimed’ please contact our Customer Support as this message usually indicates that an older coupon was claimed but not used before we adjusted our systems, and we should be able to assist.
ArtRage for iOS or Android:
Updates to the latest version of your App on iOS or Android are handled by the store you downloaded the app from. Return there and you should be able to download the latest version of the product.
Unfortunately we do not have access to the download systems of those stores so if you have problems downloading, or if it looks like you need to purchase the App again when you have already purchased it, please contact customer support for the store, they should be able to help you solve the problem.
The release history for the ArtRage for Android app
ArtRage for Android is a mobile version of our desktop edition. It runs on a wide range of Android devices, but was optimised for the GALAXY Note 4 and Note Edge, and is available as a free app from the GALAXY Gifts program on those devices. It is also available for sale in GALAXY Apps and the Google Play Store.
ArtRage for Android includes a full range of realistic painting tools, including oils, watercolours, glitter, and pencils. You can just pick them up and paint, or explore the deeper level of more advanced settings and presets. It is fun and easy to use for sketching and fully capable of creating finished artwork. All the familiar, convenient ArtRage features are there, with References, Tracing Images, easily navigated interface and colour samples. There’s even a touch rejection option, Stylus Only Mode,that allows you to interact with the menus, but preventing accidental strokes from your fingers on the canvas.
More information about the features can be found here: ArtRage for Android
ArtRage for Android can be purchased from the Google Play Store, and from GALAXY Apps on Samsung devices.
If you experience a problem with ArtRage let us know using the Support Page. We’re happy to work through problems with you and in most cases we can quickly resolve the issue.
2017ArtRage for Android 1.2.0
- Updated manual and translations
- Multiple language fixes
- Fixed crash with too many new presets
- Fixed crash when leaving the app and returning via ‘Recent Apps’
- General crash fixes
- Layer & Tracing transform workflow fixes
- Minor display changes for clearer workflow
- Added keyboard navigation support for menus
- Improved licence storage to reduce licencing errors
- Compatibility updates for newer devices (e.g. Galaxy S7)
- Window size fixes to improve display on Chromebooks
- Bug fixes to color picker
- Increased canvas size when importing images as a new canvas
- Misc crash fixes
- Fixed canvas preset problems (and removed Watercolor preset)
- Adjusted finger and stylus pressure
- Added Gloop Pen presets
- Re-added the Watercolor canvas preset
- Improved gallery preview loading and memory handling
- Improved file saving to avoid overwriting files with the same name, or that are open in another version of ArtRage
- Fixed Pencil Smoothing
- Chinese language options now persist through app restarts
- Fixed crash when accessing PEN.UP gallery
- Fixed preset creation bugs
- Fixed multiple other crashes
- Fixed numerous small bugs
2016ArtRage for Android 1.1.10 (32 bit) & 1.1.11 (64 bit)
- Fixed startup crash for some devices
- Removed Watercolor canvas preset as it caused crashes for some users
- Updated Libpng (security fix)
- Fix for script reading and sharing
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Faster startup and gallery loading
- Added gallery size warning
- Added help for scripting and layer transform in manual
- Added option to change the language inside ArtRage
Fixes & Changes
- 64 bit support
- New permission system for Android 6
- Fixed a crash during start up that happened on some OS6 devices
- Misc bug fixes
- Fixed issue installing update 1.0.101 on Android 6.0
- Added option to share images with ArtRage from other apps
- Fixed soft palette knife crash related to updating tool preview image
- Fixed sharing bug in full screen gallery
- Fixed sampling bug on references with hidden layers
- Fixed Pencil settings display for Precise Mode
- Fixed share painting size alert problem
- Fixed help pages going missing
- Adjusted help pages for smaller screens
- Fixed image import bug from Google Drive
- Fixed crashes when accessing the gallery
- Fixed other misc crashes
2015ArtRage for Android 1.0.84
- Added the ability to rate the app in the Settings menu.
- Removed size setting from fill tool
- Improved memory usage when viewing full size painting previews.
- Removed “done” functionality for 3 finger touch while manually scaling a tracing image
- Fixed a crash that could occur in two finger operations on some devices.
- Fixed a bug that matched the canvas size to screen size when no value was entered (new painting)
- Fixed a colour sampling problem where the colour wouldn’t change if saturation or light was too low.
- Fixed an issue with selected color not being remembered in new paintings.
- Fixed small device detection for devices with software navigation bar and odd dimensions (e.g. Nexus 9 devices) to improve layout and navigation.
- Fixed an issue with reloading the PEN.up gallery.
- Fixed an issue in pressure support relating to ink pen tapering.
- Fixed a crash caused by showing/hiding layers in Nexus 7 devices.
- Various other minor bug fixes